Please support my blog by clicking an ad.
 

Friday, December 14, 2007

My Story III Continued-1

If this is your first time reading my story as a single father, remember to read the following links first before reading this one and thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy. For all you junkies that are addicted to the story already, thanks for coming back.

My Story
http://singlefathersupport.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-story.html
My Story II
http://singlefathersupport.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-story-part-ii.html
My Story II Continued
http://singlefathersupport.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-story-part-ii-continued.html
My Story III
http://singlefathersupport.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-story-part-iii.html

Now that the formalities are out of the way, lets continue.

I forgot to add that Anthony's mother watched him right after graduation when my girlfriend, my best friend from Michigan (where I grew up), and I went to Las Vegas after graduation. Just wanted to mention that to reiterate the fact that she had watched him recently so the trip to the mountains didn't seem like it would be a problem.

Moving on, my girlfriend and I got back from a wonderful trip to the mountains and I went to pick Anthony up at our normal meeting place. His mother was there along with her husband and they were both smiling as I picked him up. I mention this, because they never are happy to see me. Usually they are scowling and not very friendly, but this time they weren't. I didn't think about it at the time, but it all made sense later.

When I picked him up, he seemed lethargic and introverted, which is unusual for him. He is hyper and very outgoing to the point of uncontrollable behavior most of the time, so this was very unusual. I just thought he was tired, because he didn't act like he had any energy or felt like playing like he usually did. A few days went by and I got a phone call at school that someone from child protective services wanted to talk to me. I of course called the woman back and she asked if I could come in and speak with her concerning Anthony. I immediately wanted to know what it was about, but she would not tell me over the telephone. I coudn't meet her for a couple days due to scheduling and in the mean time I called his mother and asked her. She told me she didn't have any clue, but of course I accused her of lying and wanted to know what was going on. She, as you have already probably guessed, wouldn't tell me a thing.

Finally the day arrived to meet with the child protective services woman and I was totally shocked, sick to my stomach, and dumbfounded when she told me what it was about.

Until next time readers....

Let me read your comments and please don't forget to click an ad to support my blog. Thanks again for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Brad,
You can't leave us hanging like that! You're doing such a great job with your boy, why on earth would social services be involved? I sincerely hope everything is ok x

Anonymous said...

Oh they got involved alright. Also, I have to leave you hanging so you come back to read more!